|Coronavirus: Changes to Green Usage Arrangements to apply from Wednesday 20th May.
The club rooms remain closed, but on match afternoons the toilets at the western end of the club will be available. The toilet on the end of the greenkeeper’s shed will be open in the mornings.
The following revised schedule of events is planned:-
- Monday and Tuesday NO BOWLS
- Wednesday AM Roll-Up
- Wednesday PM Nominated 2-4-2- Any Gender Pairs.
- Thursday AM Roll-Up
- Thursday PM Drawn Triples. Men.
- Friday AM Roll-Up
- Friday PM Social Bowls. Any Gender Pairs.
- Saturday AM Roll-Up
- Saturday PM Nominated 2-4-2 Any Gender
- Sunday AM Roll-Up
- Sunday PM Social Bowls
- There will no longer be a need to phone the club to book for a roll-up.
- The gates will be open at 10:30 am, with roll-ups permitted until 1:00 pm.
- No roll-ups will be allowed in the afternoons as all available green space is likely to be required for matches.
- From Wednesday 20th May, roll-ups will still be supervised, and a record of anybody (including spectators) that attends the club including time arrived and time departed must be maintained. There is a procedure for roll-ups posted on the club wall near the greens board. Please read and comply with this procedure, which MUST BE STRICTLY FOLLOWED.
- Please remember that these conditions are for your benefit and to minimise the spread of the coronavirus in your community.
- Numbers are now limited to 20 per green, but matches of triples and fours are permitted. If you are rolling-up and there are more than 20 people already on the green, you must wait until the numbers drop and the supervisor assigns you a rink.
- A vacant rink must still exist between players.
- It will be the supervisor’s responsibility to disinfect mats and jacks prior to play.
- Players are also requested to return mats and jacks when leaving.
- The fee for roll-ups remains at $5.00 and this will be collected by the supervisor.
For all afternoon games, please phone the club after 11:30 am to list your name. The one exception to this is for the Nominated Pairs game THIS WEDNESDAY 20th May, when you may still phone in between 9:00 and 10:00.
For all organised matches, the usual $10.00 fee will be levied, and some prize money will be awarded, although most money will be retained to defray the cost of greens maintenance.
Yours, Trevor Orton
Sorrento Bowling Club: Event Coordinator
Mixed Social Bowls
Every Friday and Sunday for a social but very competitive afternoon.
Names in by 12.30pm for a 1.00pm start. Format depending on numbers.
Twilight Bowls Nominated 2-4-2 Pairs: Sponsor Barnes Wealth Management
Wednesday 6th November . There is a list on the end wall for this. Any combination allowed. $10.00, Starts at
Men’s Drawn Triples: Recommences winter 2020
Phone in after 12:00, or turn up by 12:45 to play. $10.00 entry.
Recommences winter 2020
Any Gender Nominated 2-4-2 Pairs
List on wall for entries. Start time 1:00. $10.00 entry
Sunday Morning Scroungers
Recommences for winter 2020 on Sunday TBA at 10:00. Be at the club by 9:45 to play. All abilities catered for.