Coronavirus: Changes to Green Usage Arrangements to apply from Wednesday 20th May.
The club rooms remain closed, but on match afternoons the toilets at the western end of the club will be available. The toilet on the end of the greenkeeper’s shed will be open in the mornings.
The following revised schedule of events is planned:-
- Monday and Tuesday NO BOWLS
- Wednesday AM Roll-Up
- Wednesday PM Nominated 2-4-2- Any Gender Pairs.
- Thursday AM Roll-Up
- Thursday PM Drawn Triples. Men.
- Friday AM Roll-Up
- Friday PM Social Bowls. Any Gender Pairs.
- Saturday AM Roll-Up
- Saturday PM Nominated 2-4-2 Any Gender
- Sunday AM Roll-Up
- Sunday PM Social Bowls
- There will no longer be a need to phone the club to book for a roll-up.
- The gates will be open at 10:30 am, with roll-ups permitted until 1:00 pm.
- No roll-ups will be allowed in the afternoons as all available green space is likely to be required for matches.
- From Wednesday 20th May, roll-ups will still be supervised, and a record of anybody (including spectators) that attends the club including time arrived and time departed must be maintained. There is a procedure for roll-ups posted on the club wall near the greens board. Please read and comply with this procedure, which MUST BE STRICTLY FOLLOWED.
- Please remember that these conditions are for your benefit and to minimise the spread of the coronavirus in your community.
- Numbers are now limited to 20 per green, but matches of triples and fours are permitted. If you are rolling-up and there are more than 20 people already on the green, you must wait until the numbers drop and the supervisor assigns you a rink.
- A vacant rink must still exist between players.
- It will be the supervisor’s responsibility to disinfect mats and jacks prior to play.
- Players are also requested to return mats and jacks when leaving.
- The fee for roll-ups remains at $5.00 and this will be collected by the supervisor.
For all afternoon games, please phone the club after 11:30 am to list your name. The one exception to this is for the Nominated Pairs game THIS WEDNESDAY 20th May, when you may still phone in between 9:00 and 10:00.
For all organised matches, the usual $10.00 fee will be levied, and some prize money will be awarded, although most money will be retained to defray the cost of greens maintenance.
Yours, Trevor Orton
Sorrento Bowling Club: Event Coordinator
Situated in quiet, lush green rustic surroundings and located in proximity the majestic beaches of Hillarys and Scarborough, the Sorrento Bowling Club offers the ideal venue for members and visitors to enjoy a game of lawn bowls, croquet and other sports, or simply enjoy a drink in the friendly atmosphere of our Club.
More than a bowling club, Sorrento offers a full bar facility, regular delicious meals and entertainment.
Sorrento is one of the largest bowling clubs in Western Australia, approaching 800 members and featuring five high standard lawn greens.
Members and visitors will quickly recognise why Sorrento was chosen for three Clubs WA and two Bowls WA ‘Club of the Year’ awards in the past five years. The Club is a Level 3 accredited Good Sports Club.
Our location offers plenty of accommodation for visitors from within Australia or overseas, ranging from resort accommodation at Hillarys and Scarborough, through to nearby caravan parks. The Club is ideally located on major transportation routes and in proximity to Perth’s railway and bus networks. Restaurants and entertainment complexes abound, with close access to some of the State’s best beaches.
Social and competitive games of lawn bowls, croquet or darts are readily available, or you can just come and have a roll-up.
See this website for operating hours, events and a wealth of other information about the Club. We look forward to seeing you soon.
SORRENTO “BOWLS WA METROPOLITAN CLUB OF THE YEAR” 2019